- Not that I had any doubt, but the eeee! is such an awesome, affectionate, and patient dad. Plus, he's been changing all the diapers when he's home.
- Breastfeeding is going very well. Hooray!
- We had our first real family outing yesterday, to the farmer's market. That was lots of fun, because it got us out of the house, and we ran into several friends there, but it wasn't overstimulating for Sam.
- Doc seems to be handling things pretty well, considering.
- There are still one or two feedings a day that are tough, because Sam is super-fussy, but I have a surprising amount of time to read while I feed him. The caveat is that I can only really read on my iPhone while nursing. I finally installed Stanza, which has a really nice interface, and easily plugs into the entire Project Gutenberg database. I've already read Anne of the Island -- my favorite of the Anne books -- and I've picked up Howard's End again.
- That said, any blog recommendations would be welcome.
- I will not be reading Parenting magazine. I got a free issue of it in the mail, and made it about ten pages in before chucking it into the recycling bin. I'm not sure if I'm more annoyed that they asked if a vegetarian diet was cruel to kids, or that 65% of the respondents said yes. WTF, people? And in the print edition they had a few responses from people, and they were along the lines of, "Preschoolers need nutrients and protein!" Look, just because no one on Top Chef knows about vegetarian protein sources doesn't mean they don't exist! Aaaargh.
- I've been making sure to have a cup of tea every morning, and a glass of wine or a beer every evening (right after a feeding), as a way of keeping my sanity. Maybe sanity isn't the right word, but normalcy. Or just making sure that I take care of myself, in addition to taking care of Sam.
Has it really only been three weeks? We really seem to have settled into a cozy unit -- right now all four of us are on the couch, watching football and enjoying a lazy Sunday morning.